Say No to Heathrow Expansion
- Australia burns – meanwhile its leaders refuse to address climate change - Huge areas devastated, people killed, an estimated billion animals die and what’s the response of Australia’s appalling prime minister, Scott Morrison? The New York Times tells us: “Why Australia is… … Continue reading "Australia burns – meanwhile its leaders refuse to address climate change"
- Election is not just about Brexit – it’s actually about climate change too ! - This election is about all of our futures. That goes way beyond the issue of Brexit. On Thursday you can vote for a candidate who is genuinely concerned about climate… … Continue reading "Election is not just about Brexit – it’s actually about climate change too !"
- Industry - Climate change has really come to the fore in the last year or two. The aviation industry has responded with a concerted campaign of deception and mis-information, claiming that somehow… … Continue reading "Industry"
- Time to tell the truth on Heathrow expansion - With the election coming up, it’s important that our new MPs address crucial issues such as climate change and Heathrow expansion. Not just the Brexit soap opera. Here is a… … Continue reading "Time to tell the truth on Heathrow expansion"
- Government has to change course on airport expansion, says advisor - The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) has warned the government that its gung-ho attitude to aviation and airport expansion must change if it is to meet the ‘Net Zero’ target… … Continue reading "Government has to change course on airport expansion, says advisor"
- Heathrow 3rd runway consultation closed 13th Sep - This is a ‘statutory consultation’ which Heathrow has to carry out as part of its planning application and the ‘Development Consent Order’ (DCO) process. The consultation is, as one would… … Continue reading "Heathrow 3rd runway consultation closed 13th Sep"
A third runway would mean nearly 50% more flights and passengers per day. There would be huge local impacts – noise; air pollution; congestion; danger from accidents; loss of homes; destruction of communities and amenities; damage to wildlife and habitats.
At a wider level it would contribute to climate change and, remarkably, the government’s own analysis shows there is no net benefit to the UK economy. See links below for more on these issues.
The Airports National Policy Statement (NPS), which recommended a third runway at Heathrow, was presented to Parliament on 5th June 2018. We consider it to be one of the most dishonest and misleading documents ever presented to Parliament. Seek links below which explain how and why. Vote in Parliament – see blog.
So who is responsible for this misrepresentation to MPs and Parliament? Here