Say No to Heathrow Expansion
- Heathrow third runway consultation - As part of the process of deciding on ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’, the promoter (in this case Heathrow Airport Ltd) have to undertake a public consultation. The results of this must… … Continue reading "Heathrow third runway consultation"
- Heathrow ‘Land Referencing’. Don’t be harassed and don’t be fooled! - Hundreds of thousands of people have received a letter ‘Proposed Expansion of Heathrow Airport – Land Referencing: Request for Information’ and a form to fill in and return. Many recipients… … Continue reading "Heathrow ‘Land Referencing’. Don’t be harassed and don’t be fooled!"
- WLFOE exposes flaws in government’s aviation strategy - The consultation on the government's draft Aviation Strategy closed on the 20th June. West London Friends of the Earth (WLFOE) has responded to the consultation. The strategy is, to put… … Continue reading "WLFOE exposes flaws in government’s aviation strategy"
- ‘Independent’ Commission on Civil Aviation Noise - We went to a meeting on 2nd June with the new ‘Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise’ (ICCAN) yesterday. 4 very ‘establishment’ commissioners. Two were Tory council leaders, one a Rear… … Continue reading "‘Independent’ Commission on Civil Aviation Noise"
- London Plan Hearing- Mayor opposes Heathrow Expansion - The Greater London Authority (GLA) has included in the Draft New London Plan text which makes clear the Mayor’s current opposition to Heathrow expansion and conditions under which it would… … Continue reading "London Plan Hearing- Mayor opposes Heathrow Expansion"
- Committee on Climate Change says aviation must be included in zero emissions target - The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report (275 pages) published today today (2/5/19) makes clear that aviation must be included in the zero emissions target. And that international credits (offsets)… … Continue reading "Committee on Climate Change says aviation must be included in zero emissions target"
MPs have voted in favour of a third runway. See blog.
A third runway would mean nearly 50% more flights and passengers per day. There would be huge local impacts – noise; air pollution; congestion; danger from accidents; loss of homes; destruction of communities and amenities; damage to wildlife and habitats.
At a wider level it would contribute to climate change and, remarkably, the government’s own analysis shows there is no net benefit to the UK economy. See links below for more on these issues.
The Airports National Policy Statement (NPS), which recommended a third runway at Heathrow, was presented to Parliament on 5th June. We consider it to be one of the most dishonest and misleading documents ever presented to Parliament. Seek links below which explain how and why. Vote in Parliament – see blog.
So who is responsible for this misrepresentation to MPs and Parliament? Here