Say No to Heathrow Expansion
- Government has to change course on airport expansion, says advisor - The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) has warned the government that its gung-ho attitude to aviation and airport expansion must change if it is to meet the ‘Net Zero’ target… … Continue reading "Government has to change course on airport expansion, says advisor"
- Heathrow 3rd runway consultation closed 13th Sep - This is a ‘statutory consultation’ which Heathrow has to carry out as part of its planning application and the ‘Development Consent Order’ (DCO) process. The consultation is, as one would… … Continue reading "Heathrow 3rd runway consultation closed 13th Sep"
- Heathrow third runway consultation - As part of the process of deciding on ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’, the promoter (in this case Heathrow Airport Ltd) have to undertake a public consultation. The results of this must… … Continue reading "Heathrow third runway consultation"
- Heathrow ‘Land Referencing’. Don’t be harassed and don’t be fooled! - Hundreds of thousands of people have received a letter ‘Proposed Expansion of Heathrow Airport – Land Referencing: Request for Information’ and a form to fill in and return. Many recipients… … Continue reading "Heathrow ‘Land Referencing’. Don’t be harassed and don’t be fooled!"
- WLFOE exposes flaws in government’s aviation strategy - The consultation on the government's draft Aviation Strategy closed on the 20th June. West London Friends of the Earth (WLFOE) has responded to the consultation. The strategy is, to put… … Continue reading "WLFOE exposes flaws in government’s aviation strategy"
- ‘Independent’ Commission on Civil Aviation Noise - We went to a meeting on 2nd June with the new ‘Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise’ (ICCAN) yesterday. 4 very ‘establishment’ commissioners. Two were Tory council leaders, one a Rear… … Continue reading "‘Independent’ Commission on Civil Aviation Noise"
A third runway would mean nearly 50% more flights and passengers per day. There would be huge local impacts – noise; air pollution; congestion; danger from accidents; loss of homes; destruction of communities and amenities; damage to wildlife and habitats.
At a wider level it would contribute to climate change and, remarkably, the government’s own analysis shows there is no net benefit to the UK economy. See links below for more on these issues.
The Airports National Policy Statement (NPS), which recommended a third runway at Heathrow, was presented to Parliament on 5th June 2018. We consider it to be one of the most dishonest and misleading documents ever presented to Parliament. Seek links below which explain how and why. Vote in Parliament – see blog.
So who is responsible for this misrepresentation to MPs and Parliament? Here